We recognize that participating in the welfare of our communities is important. IFAS cares, and does so by giving back to the communities in which we live and work, realizing that our company has an impact on our communities and the environment. I simply refer to this as paying earth rent.
-- Tabatha Turman, President & CEO
Corporate Social Citizenship Responsibility
IFAS cares and does so by giving back to the community in which it serves. IFAS’ approach to community outreach is one of strategic philanthropy aligned with our business objectives, seeking mutual benefit for the community, our employees and the firm. The firm encourages its employees to support programs and causes that are meaningful to them as individuals. We believe in a philosophy of operating globally and giving back locally. We encourage our employees to follow suit by volunteering their time, talent, and resources to make the world a better place.
In all of our community service efforts, our philanthropic philosophy is to provide leadership and effect positive change. Beyond that, we take seriously our responsibilities to the communities in which we work and live. We also work closely with highly qualified partners who are deeply committed to the same outcomes. Our mission is to provide community outreach in the following areas: Arts & Education, Health & Wellness, and Military & Veterans.
Corporate Giving Programs
Service and volunteering have always been essential elements of what it means to be an IFAS employee. IFAS employees can take personal time off to volunteer at the non-profit organization of their choice, that makes the most personal impact and the best use of their time, knowledge and skills. IFAS contributes to many educational and charitable organizations. Donations are made to non-profit, non-religious, and non-political organizations, with an emphasis on diversity and globalization. These organizations are championed by IFAS employees and provide many volunteer opportunities. Each Year IFAS designates a “Global Impact” Day. On this day employees are encouraged to participate as a team on meaningful community service activities as an alternate place of duty for the day. IFAS employee group projects are preferred.
Corporate Citizenship Champions
Volunteerism is an important component of corporate social responsibility and good citizenship. We believe that donating our time and effort makes an even greater impact on the community than monetary donations alone.
Through IFAS’ Employee Corporate Giving Program, full-time employees can recommend qualified charities that are supported by corporate budgeted dollars to IFAS’Corporate Citizenship Champion Advisory Board. The board is comprised of employee volunteers who consider charitable organizations and determine how best to allocate IFAS’ resources, employees’ volunteer hours, and monetary donations. We match employee contributions dollar for dollar to organizations selected by our Corporate Citizenship Champion Advisory Board that align with our philanthropic philosophy.
Ongoing and Previous Outreach
Arts & Education
- Partnership with Minnieville Elementary School to build learning centers in the homes of students.
- Partnership with Occoquan Elementary School to close the digital divide by donating 30 tablets to underserved students to use at home for educational needs.
- Donation/Support to Creative and Performing Arts Center.
- Partnership with Vaughn Elementary School for Young Ladies of Distinction mentoring program.
- Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce “Tools for School” Supply Drive designed to help children in need succeed.
- Donation to Ashland Elementary PTO.
- MOBC College Education Concert.
- Corporate Sponsor for Dale City Sports Club.
- Breakfast with Santa Host-Obama Elementary School, Pine Lawn Mo.
- Donation to MWVC Jack & Jill Teen Conference.
Health & Wellness
- Relay for Life
- Make a Wish Foundation
- Avon Walk
- Autism Walk
- Hats & Gloves donation-Featherstone Elementary School
- Support to Brown Santa in Austin, TX
- ACTS (Action in Community Through Service) Operations Turkey 2011 Corporate Volunteer D
- ACTS Prince William PurSuits-IFAS donated suits and resume writing assistance at a career fashion event for low-income men and women who are seeking entry into the workforce
- Yearly donations to support single mothers in the Prince William County, VA area
- Coat & Gloves drive to support Featherstone Elementary School
Military & Veterans
- SOF Warrior Foundation Corporate donation
- Association of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) Tampa Bay Chapter-Corporate Sponsorship
- Support to Blue Star Moms
- Support to Women’s Veterans Interactive (WVI) homeless female veterans